Friday 31 August 2012

Riddles


1. I am flora, not fauna,
    I am foliage, not trees,
    I am shrubbery, not grass,
    What am I?
   
2. What is something to everybody and nothing to everyone else?

3. Destroyer of the unbreakable,
   More of me is hidden than seen.
   What am I?

4. I saw a strange creature,
    Long, hard, and straight,
    Thrusting in a round, dark, opening,
    Preparing to discharge its load of lives,
    Puffing and squealing noises accompanied it,
    Then a final screech as it slowed and stopped.

5. What goes around and in the house, but never touches the house?

6. I am pronounced as one letter but written as three,
   There are two of me, I am single, I am double,
   I can be blue, brown, black or green.
   I can be read from right to left or left to right and am still the same.
   What am I?

7. I'm a six letter word. If I did not exist, you wouldn't either. With my
   first letter ommited I'm an alternative. The last three letters are feminine.
   The first four letters make an insect. Who am I?

8. What kind of a nut has a hole?

9. Many foods can make me strong but give me water and
    I won't last long. What am I?


10. I am a five letter word. If you remove my last four letters
     I am still pronounced the same. What am I?


11. I am something everybody tends to overlook, no matter how
      careful they are.  What am I?


12. I am too much for one, enough for two, but nothing to three.
    What am I?


13. Take away my first letter and I remain the same. Take away my last letter
      and I remain unchanged. Remove all my letters and I'm still me. What am I?


14. When you look at me,
      You think of yourself.
      I am always ready to talk
     Whether times are easy or rough.
      What am I?


15. I am always with you
      But commonly forgotten.
     You use me constantly,
     And can sometimes be rotten.
     What am I?

16. I saw the dead bring forth the living. I saw the living bring forth
      the dead. Who or  what did I see?


17. You'll have this 6-letter word at night and if you remove the first letter
      it denotes the top, such as on a train. What is the word?


18. I can run but not walk. Wherever I go, thought follows close behind. What am I?


19. I am a seed, three letters in the name,
      Take away two and I sound quite the same. What am I?


20. What does every man have, some longer or shorter than others
       and they give it to their wife when they get married?


21. Comes as wooden as a tree,
      Covered in paint, don't you see,
      Makes you laugh, or run and hide,
      For it has something dark inside.


22.  Made of ten but two we make,
       When assembled others quake,
       Five apart and we are weak,
       Five together havoc wreak.
       What are we?


23. I am something many people don't enjoy having as a friend, including you.
      But I am called upon anytime someone is injured. I have 5 letters and
      when my last letter is put before my first letter, I become a country. What am I?


24. What starts with e, ends with e and has one letter in it?


25. I have many feathers to help me fly. I have a body and head but I'm not alive.
     Your strength determines how far I go. You can hold me in your hand,
     but I'm never thrown. What am I?





Answers:

1. I am bush

2. Your mind

3. An iceberg

4. A subway train

5. The sun

6. Eye

7. Mother
   other = an alternative
   her = feminine
   moth = an insect

8. A donut

9. Fire

10. Queue

11. Your nose

12. A secret

13. A mail carrier

14. A mirror

15. Air

16. A funeral. Someone's death caused the living to come to the funeral,
     and during the funeral the living carry the casket of the deceased.

17. Supper (upper)

18. A nose.

19. Pea

20. A last name.

21. A pencil

22. A fist

23. Pains. No one enjoys being in pain, when you're injured you have pain,
      and when you move the s to the front, it becomes Spain.

24. Envelope (eye is a potential alternative, when said out loud it sounds
      like a single letter - 'I')

25. An arrow

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *